Friday, January 23, 2009

Two Thousand and Nine.



Gaaaahhhh, another New Year. What's next, a 2010? Who came up with this bloody system, seriously?

Bad jokes aside, this year has been shaping up puhretty nicely in the past 23 days. The most significant event of the year so far (yeah, I know) was going to the Kerrang Relentless Tour 2009 on Amy's birthday, the 14th.

The bands featured were In Case Of Fire, Black Tide, Dir En Grey, Bring Me The Horizon, and the only band I actually wanted to see, Mindless Self Indulgence. We hadn't even intended to go to the gig, but we knew our Uncle was working at the venue (The Academy, Middle Abbey Street, for Dubliners), and was hoping, you know, for autographs or something. Instead we got V.I.P tickets to the balcony and free t-shirts. : D



The first band, In Case of Fire. They weren't great. The crowd seemed to share my views.





The Bassist from Black Tide. I had an obsession with his hair.




IT'S A MAXED OUT FRULLET. FOR REALS.


Dir En Grey; Crazy-Ass Japanese sreech metal band.The front man was amazing.



For a tiny guy, he had a HUGE voice.










Bring Me The Horizon. These guys had a better lit stage because they were the young, attractive band.


"Kill the English!"














My neck was stiff from head-banging the next day. By God, I've never felt so contructively ferocious. It's plain I don't go to gigs, right?
Well whatever, it was total fun.



Other than that, I've been storyboarding (with surprising success) and dr\awing quite an amount of RPG stuff. Hopefully I'll gert stuck into Corpus for definate soon. Again.
Also, February may be the best month of my life, depending. Not saying anything, but I'e got a lot of unjustified hope. : D

Kay Peace.

No comments: